Friday, October 06, 2006

Tell me lies, tell me...


...sweet little lies.
What if you knew you did something wrong that could seriously hurt someone, would you own up to it? Even if it meant the end of your career, your relationship or your reputation?
What about those 'white' lies that are considered not harmful...are they?
What about 'ommissions', not really a lie right? What people dont know wont harm them?
Its sooooo hard to know when to lie and when not to.
In my career we tell all sorts of sweet little lies, just to help people get through the day, to stay distant, to stay human...perhaps to prevent ourselves from being human? To protect others and ourselves.
In relationships white lies and omissions occur to protect the ones we love ... but will karma kick our butts in the end? Is protecting more important and less hurtful than honesty and taking responsibility for your actions?
I'm tired of all these sweet little lies...I dont need to be protected and people better start taking responsibility for themselves cause I wont do it anymore for them. And I'll do the same!

2 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know last week a really close friend of mine asked me a question n I lied to her face...Few hours later I called her and apologised and told her the truth knowing fully well it could affect the friendship...But you know what, it hasnt...and i felt so much better later...
noojes

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger ozchic_9 said...

I'm with both of you noojes and savana. Sometimes honesty is better above all else...its a fine line!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home