Friday, September 29, 2006

Big Sis Number 3


Yesterday was big sis' number 3's birthday...36yrs old...4yrs off officially being over the hill. So in honour of my big sis Lellie (her nickname!) this post is about her.

She has dark hair, and dark eyes, she looks almost exotic. She is a typical Libran, and everything she does turns to gold. She is 'light', if there is such a thing as an aura, well hers would light up a room. Everything seems to come to her effortlessly. She loves all things Egyptian, has been pierced in many places, she owns a pet rat. She has been married, divorced and is dating a younger man. She has travelled. And even on a bad day she looks good. She is beautiful inside and out. As children we were each others best friend and playmates making cubby houses out of clothes pegs and Mom's curtains in the loungeroom, seeing who could tie up the neighbours kids the fastest, who could walk on their hands the longest, and who could draw better, dance better and jump higher on the bed. We would stay up late eating popcorn, drinking chocolate milk and watching the original King Kong when we should've been in bed asleep. We'd sing in front of the mirror with our hairbrushes, she would be Agnetha and me Frieda from ABBA. She used to tease me for being skinny (I filled out though) and I teased her for being fat (she never was!). She would sit on me, pinning me to the ground and dangle spit over my face (and occasionally it would 'accidently' fall) and we would laugh till it hurt. She would teach me how to smoke sophisticatedly at the bowling alley with her cool friends. Yes we have had our share of sibling rivalry at times! But we never argued about clothes, makeup, boyfriends etc. because by the time I was a teenager she was gone...I guess that was a good thing but sometimes I wish we had. Now we are even further apart...in distance and in how our lives have turned out but we will always be sisters. And we will always be there for each other no matter what. Happy Birthday...you still are the Dancing Queen but just remember...I will always be younger than you ;)

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger ozchic_9 said...

yeah? I bet she prefers to be be called Lyn!! Ca va Savana? What's happening on your blog? Nothing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home