Thursday, October 19, 2006

REDHEADS


Noojes...you inspired me with your blonde wig...

I read somewhere that a woman's hair colour corresponds to a traffic light...

Green = Blondes, always give you a green light, are open to trying anything once and thus...they 'supposedly' have all the fun!

Orange = Brunettes, somewhat more serious (? intelligent ?) than blondes, they need to be approached with a little more caution

Red = Redheads, Whoa Nelly! You better stop right there, you aren't going to get anywhere unless they want you to!

Ok so it is a little stereotypical...or is it?
I friend at work recently died her hair red after being blonde for many years. She confided in me (being a fellow redhead) that she felt more MYSTERIOUS, but also less inclined to "get away with stupid things" than if she were blonde.

I HATED being a redhead as a child. I was called (unoriginally) carrot top, Med Head (a med is a tampon in Oz) ...and the rest I have blocked from memory! I hated going to the hairdresser's because they would swarm around me with admiring oooohhhs and ahhhhhs while I shyly cringed under the cape. It drew attention to me and while adults loved it, to other kids I was a freak! As I grew older I started to enjoy the fact that my hair was a different colour to everyone elses. I felt alluring, and special while others suddenly started dying their hair to try and achieve the same look!

Artists such as John Waterhouse, Rosetti, Klimt immortalised us in history.
Emily Dickinson, Clara Bow, Katherine Hepburn, Rita Hayworth, Greer Garson, Lucille Ball, Bette Davis, Deborah Kerr, Shirley Maclaine, Ann Margret, Bette Midler, Maureen O'Hara...Molly Ringwald, Nicole Kidman, Debra Messing, Gillian Anderson, Julianne Moore, Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon...some are intelligent, sexy, goofy
and we are even hot in cartoon form...Jessica Rabbit, Wilma Flinstone, Thelma and Daphne in Scooby Doo, Ariel in the Little Mermaid!


I tried the dark look for Elvira during last years Halloween...

But I'm more comfortable just being me...


We are unique...and we are taking over the universe!
Do you dare to go red?

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Queenmatrai said...

I love your red head buttgal and you know that
So just shine on sister and keep it red :)

noojes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home