Monday, August 21, 2006

August 18th 1996


It was a memorable day!
There was a knock at my door (I was living in student housing).
When I opened it, standing there was a tall, man with short dark hair, round glasses, wide shoulders, and cheekbones to die for.
He shyly explained with a ? american accent who he was and why he was knocking.
It turned out he is french, studying his PhD in Illinois but in Perth for 6 months as an exchange student.
His parents who were visiting, met a crazy french woman (aka Savana2222) by strange coincidence and they told her the above.
On finding out this she explains that her best friend is living at the same student housing one floor directly below their son and encourages them to tell him to go and introduce himself to her.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK...ON MY DOOR!

It was unexpected and I was embarassed!
I made a few excuses as to why I had to leave at that moment.
But he asked me out to dinner, in fact he cooked and it was great!
He seduced me with his wit, his intelligence, romance and poetry.
He seemed so worldly and experienced.
Corny but...he had me at knock knock!
10 years later we are married, living in the USA and the O-man still seduces me with his wit, smile, intelligence, gourmet food and wide shoulders to lean on when I'm tired. He has taken me around the world, taught me sooooo much.
Oh and lets not forget the romance...in fact he is the one who always remembers August 18 1996 - the date we first laid eyes on each other and our souls met. It was fate!

Vive l'amour (and thanks again Savanna222!)

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger ozchic_9 said...

Mmmmmmmmmm...vegemite!
Mmmmmmmmmm...chicken treat!
I miss Oz food! Miss you too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home