Saturday, August 12, 2006

A MOUSE IN THE HOUSE



Yesterday I had a disturbing thought..."I could die and no-one would know for about 4 days!" That's approximately how long it would take for someone to notice I was missing and start to worry. By that time I would be starting to smell something aweful. O-man is away on business for 1 1/2 weeks, I am off work for about 3 days, my family overseas hardly ever contacts me and I mainly contact my friends by email. What a thought huh? Have I become that shutoff from others? Maybe that scary movie "Dark Water" that I watched in the dark all alone was to blame! That and the damn mouse that almost ran across my foot scaring me half to death! Luckily the O-man rang me last night just as I was stalking the mouse, and reassured me that he would just 'know' if anything happened to me. My thoughts returned to the mouse as I entertained ways to get rid of it, mostly by torturous and deadly methods which seemed cruel and wrong. Would the little fella's family know he had died a terrible death? Would they even miss him? So the mouse (and I) survived another day as I tucked myself into bed with a slightly paranoid notion of furry vermin crawling in my hair during my deep slumber. Ahhh...nothing like the thought of death to make you appreciate being alive...lol
Any advice in getting rid of this little fella without doing him in???

3 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Queenmatrai said...

Ozchic,

I can't believe I found you this way!

But then maybe you never intended for me to ever know you were here?

...and trust me I would know if the unspoken happened...

luvya
noojie

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger ozchic_9 said...

Noojes - I sent you an email, didn't you get the invite????

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Queenmatrai said...

No love no invite :(

Noojes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home