Thursday, June 29, 2006

Just Breathe...


Everytime I feel a little down, like the universe is conspiring against me, things break, and Murphy's rule rules, then I am inspired by the Anna Nalick song BREATHE. It is the most simplest yet most important thing to our survival...to BREATHE. Being able to breathe means breathing life into our world. When I stop to breathe I find that I am also able to rediscover my senses. To look at the sunrise, sunset, the beauty, colours and perfection in nature and all that surrounds me. To hear and listen to those close to me, to enjoy that belly giggle of an uninhibitioned child, the calmness of a flowing stream. To taste the wonderful rich and diverse flavours of healthy foods that nourish me, and of those "forbidden" things like chocolate and icecreams. What about enjoying the sensation of touch, the soft skin in the small of the back of my lover, the goosebumps reacting to a warm breathe on my ticklish spot on my neck. And the smell of warm fresh cooked bread, my favourite perfume (Angel by Thierry Mugler) freshly crushed peppermint or a peeled orange, or that musky smell of great sex mixed with sweat. Do you stop to enjoy these simple things everyday? What do you enjoy when you stop to breathe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home